[TenTec] Omni VI mystery

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Sun Apr 27 10:45:13 EDT 2014

The 706 on a dummy load and the Omni VI "hear" each other just fine as far
as I can tell.  I have tuned to WWV with the Omni VI and it appeared to be
on frequency.  I'll check again, of course.

The QSOs with the radio have not raised to any issues, although for the
most part those are contest style quickies.

It was very noticeable yesterday on 20M, to hear a station with a good
solid signal here, no other callers, give a call and not be heard running
100 watts when I had been calling others with 5 watts no problem, same
antenna, same day, etc.

Thanks!

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen