[TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Apr 27 22:46:34 EDT 2014

Bob, a good loop will blow a mobile antenna out of the water.  No
comparison, especially when mounted indoors.
However my hunch is, most loops are not good loops.

It is very difficult for the average person to be able to build a good loop.
I don't feel that I can.
I can build one that works pretty good but not as good as a Kaeferlein AMA
loop.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Bob McGraw
- K4TAX
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:43 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions

I agree that loops are quieter.......but so is a dummy load.  Secondly, with
a loop in the house, I would NEVER transmit with one due to extremely high
levels of radiation.......a.k.a. brain burners.

A receiving loop has its advantages with directional properties.  That is
about the only good thing I can find about loops unless they are larger than

1/2 wave physically.   I realize we all do not have ideal antenna locations
and in many cases we must "make do" with what is available.  If a loop is
that choice, then so be it.  Personally, I'd suggest looking at other
alternatives even to a mobile antenna, a C clamp, and a balcony railing.

73
Bob, K4TAX