[TenTec] Omni VI mystery

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Tue Apr 29 11:22:04 EDT 2014

Update:  The Master Reset did nothing except set all the setting to
default.

Paul suggested that the Offset Display Preference OdP in Menu 3 was perhaps
the problem.  I played with that some this morning,  When it is off, one
must use -.7 XIT to communicate with the 706 on 14,050.00.  When OdP is ON,
the received frequency display changes with RIT one must use +.7 RIT to
communicate with the 706 on 14,050.00.

Somehow I doubt that Omni VI radios in normal use REQUIRED the use of
either RIT or XIT in CW.

Since I have no idea how to hook up or have the equipment to align the BFOs
or anything else, it looks like it's back to TenTec, although it might be
cheaper to sell this one to a no code SSB op and find another one.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen