[TenTec] Why is Eagle #2 on order?

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 1 18:58:19 EDT 2014

I don't know if Ten-Tec requires a signature for delivery. Hopefully,
such a high-value item is insured.

At any rate, for UPS anyway, it's in my profile that the driver is
authorized to leave any packages on the front porch.
I don't know if this release covers items where the shipper requires a
signature, though.

The only time that there was ever a problem was years ago.
I had ordered an IBM printer.  It was a dot-matrix printer, so that
tells you how long ago it was.
The driver had left it on the front porch.  When I got home from the
office, it was raining.
Fortunately, the printer didn't get wet.  I called the local UPS office
to question this practice, and was told that our neighborhood was
considered to be safe, and that UPS authorizes the drivers to leave
packages under those circumstances.  This was also before the time that
I could release the driver to leave packages.

After that experience, and before I retired, I had items shipped to my
office where someone could sign for them, if necessary.
Generally, one of the clerks or secretaries who had taken delivery would
call or send me an e-mail to let me know a package had arrived.
Some of them were even nice enough to bring it to me, or at least leave
it in my office.

Four years later I'm retired, and have ordered quite a number of things,
including an Eagle, a K3 and a KX3.
I watch the UPS/FedEx/USPS tracking so that I'll know when to expect
delivery.  Most of the time one or both of us is at home, but when we
aren't the packages were still waiting safely on the front porch.

73 de Jim - AD6CW