[TenTec] Centurion and AM

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 1 21:22:05 EDT 2014

I didn't mean to imply that it should be tuned at a lower power level. I meant that it should be tuned to its max rated output (most will make more than this but may not be linear when they do) then switch to AM, send a carrier and observe the output. If it's more than 25% of the max output, reduce drive (only! Don't touch anything else!) to 25% of max output. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith