[TenTec] Centurion and AM

bcarling at cfl.rr.com bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 23:02:22 EDT 2014

I tune my Centurion 422 with enough drive for 1 KW out.

Then I feed it about 20 - 25 watts of carrier and start modulating. Currently using the OMNI
VII.   DON'T overdrive it!   Keep an eye on the plates and let them only glow a little. You don't
want them melting!  Your mileage may vary.

You will get lectured by the purists on how "terribly inefficient" this is, but if it works I don't
knock it!

Bry, AF4K