[TenTec] Orion Sweep Display

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 2 13:56:41 EDT 2014

A few years ago, TenTec released a beta firmware version for the O II
that generated a waterfall display instead of the standard sweep
display. I kinda liked it, but it was quickly removed and hasn't been
seen since. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I'm curious if anyone
knows what that reason is?

73,

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." //-- Attributed to many people; it's so true that
it doesn't matter who said it./