[TenTec] OMNI VII and digital modes issue

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Aug 11 20:54:45 EDT 2014

Amen.  I paid a mere $16 for my 4-port serial adapter -a very cheap way
to add 4 "real" serial ports to the box.  I have touted this solution on
several ham reflectors.  A few report success following suit, whilst the
rest continue to flog the old USB-Serial-adapter carcass, wondering why
they still have problems!