[TenTec] OMNI-D Series C

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:38:30 EDT 2014

*Good Morning,*
*                               I also am the proud owner of an Omni D rig.
The Ten Tec Corsair and Omni D rigs of the vintage 1980's era, are still
very impressive transceivers even by todays standards. Recently, our good
Friend Bob/K4TAX, shipped us his personal Model 599 Ten Tec Eagle for a
month long try out. And all I can say is WOW! Being disabled and living on
a Very Meager and Fixed income, we don't get to play with the New Stuff
very often. Can you imagine my surprise when the first Tuner Upper laid
waste to the frequency and pressing that button for the Automatic Notch
Filter, just took him completely out of the picture? The 20 over 9 Carrier
was still there but the band was dead silence! The annoying Heterodyne Tone
was just Gone. It was very easy to hear the folks in our QSO right through
the Carrier. So, like the Corsair and the Omni series radio's, the Eagle
goes one step further. Anybody only has to ask my Miss Brenda/KK4CJG and
she will tell them that my eyes had slight tears in them when it came time
to send the Eagle back home, after about a month of Receiver Heaven. But
thanks to some very fine friends we operate the Ten Tec model 585 Paragon
here at the Shack and feel very fortunate to have it! The Eagle of course
has the same Legendary Ten Tec transmit audio. If we were to sell
everything accumulated over the last 35 years and could have only one
radio. It would be the Eagle. 73 my Friend and welcome to the world of Ten
Tec Transceivers.*

*                                                     Best Regards from
Wade/KJ4WS*