[TenTec] OMNI-D Series C

R. Eric Sluder via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Thu Aug 21 17:16:11 EDT 2014

Rick,

I agree with your assessment and I appreciate the brick wall variable filtering of dsp.  I'm not fond of the dsp NR in the IF based systems.  Like you, I've found an external dsp unit does wonders on general noise via the audio route.  I use that a lot on noisy nights verses the built in NR.

As others have noted... The OMNI VII is gentler on the ears when using the built in NR and I'll use it sometimes with pleasing results.

Gosh now I want an Omni D Series C!!! I need to look at the balance in my bank account and that'll cool my heals real quick! :-)

73

-Eric
W9WLW