[TenTec] MIKE & Eagle

Sat Aug 23 21:32:29 EDT 2014

If the hand mike works fine, then the issue is NOT inside the radio but
outside of the radio.

As to using  a headset type mike, the proper values resistors and a DC
coupling capacitor will be needed.   In my case, I was able to put these 3
components inside the 8 pin mike connector.  It is a tight fit with two 1/8
watts resistors and a 0.1 mfd capacitor.

As a side comment, if you intend to use a "cheap" headset then expect equal
results.  You will find that most Electrect mikes have much higher output
level than dynamic mikes and some consideration for level adjustment must be
made.  In this case, adjustment of the hardware mike gain will be necessary.
Once this is done then the hand mike will not work satisfactorily for VOX
operation.  Hence the value of the 2 resistors will need to be chosen such
that the effective Electrect mike output is about equal to that of a dynamic
mike.

If your mike is a single wire mike then the circuit and resistor values will
be different than a mike that is a 2 wire mike.  There's both types
available.

73
Bob, K4TAX