[TenTec] TS590SG Sherwood numbers = Orion

art N4UC n4uc at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 17:44:51 EST 2014

It's about as close to a wash with my Orion 565 as I could imagine, certainly no differences that could be noticed in actual use. Where it places on Sherwoods table depends on which parameter you sort on, but except for the 20khz Dynamic Range where the SG is far better, they're pretty dang close.
That's a very good showing, especially for a $1700 rig (the repair bill
for my Orion which is currently in the shop will probably be that much!)

Art/N4UC