[TenTec] Noisy Eagle update

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Dec 11 12:52:02 EST 2014

Someone mentioned earlier that there was a solar flare about the time you
experienced the problem.
You may be hunting a ghost.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Katz Ajamas
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:21 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Noisy Eagle update

If you recall, I had S5 noise, uniform, all bands, on the Eagle with either
the dummy load or nothing connected at the antenna port. Ditto with
alternative power supply. So bad I had to cut a QSO short.

Well I've done everything to try to get it to misbehave again and nothing,
It's just fine. I'll have the covers off next week, do a poke around, and
see if anything's instigated by that.

In retrospect, I really should have checked the street for large, black,
antenna festooned, vans on the night of the 'incident'. I did think to check
for roots and charms but have found none save a dessicated skink

73,
-Bob ah7i/w4