[TenTec] NB verses NR

Peter Bertini radioconnection at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 11:49:03 EST 2014

*"I know that in the 1950's Collins did actually use a separate
blanking detection receiver that ran on 9 mhz with its own antenna. I never
used one but it must have been good."*

The KWM-2 blanker ran on 40-MHz.  There was probably too much interference
in the HF region, and low VHF would give better results due to being able
to respond to locally generated noise spikes.

One thing I may have screwed up in my Omni VI is that there is either a SSB
or CW roofing filter in line with the first filter.

Pete