[TenTec] Orion II Questions

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 07:28:34 EST 2014

I just wanted to report back on a few measurements I was able to do with
limited test equipment.  I confirmed that "AGC Off" is a misnomer - DSP AGC
is fully active at the "off" setting.  There is no "AGC Off" in the Orion.

I confirmed that the AGC slope function is working as intended.  However,
there is one "minor" issue - the Orion audio output level with "Flat" slope
is about 8dB higher than with other settings.  So if you're listening to a
signal and flip the slope setting back and forth, you might get thrown off
by the sudden increase in volume at "Flat".

73, Barry N1EU