[TenTec] List of Pan-Adapter Features

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Dec 26 07:22:38 EST 2014

Barry,

It is really quite fascinating, what all you can see and do with it, but as
you wrote, you "can watch the panadapter" after clicking on stations in the
bandmap.  The bandmap found you the stations, not the pan-adapter.

Do you actually do that (normally), or did you just do it because the ANAN
was new and interesting to play with?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't see how looking at the
pan-adapter is doing anything to improve your score.  So indeed, OUTSIDE of
the contest it would be a lot of fun, but in the contest, we're busy
clicking in the band map and working DX.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Barry N1EU
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2014 1:04 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] List of Pan-Adapter Features

For your viewing enjoyment, somewhat related to contesting with a
panadapter:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8OfiL3crE  - please choose
720p HD (gear icon at lower right of taskbar) and full screen (bottom right
icon), and listen with stereo headphones.

I'm clicking on spots on my N1MM bandmap and you can watch the panadapter as
I skip around and work stations.  Receiver is at 2.1KHz dsp bandwidth, which
I find ideal for contesting (easy on the ears).

This is the only contest I used the SDR radio (ANAN-100D) in.  I quickly
went back to the Orion afterward and got rid of the SDR, due to
latency/bugs.  But its receiver was amazing.

73, Barry N1EU