[TenTec] 9 MHz tap on EAGLE... and then.....

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Dec 29 06:32:13 EST 2014

In this case, Dave = Pete

(had two emails open at once and grabbed the wrong name)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Rick -
DJ0IP / NJ0IP
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 12:28 PM
To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 9 MHz tap on EAGLE... and then.....

Dave,

We have been discussing both ways of connecting an SDR.

The trouble is, the very first production run of Eagles did not have the TMP
jack with the 9 MHz tap on the Filter Board. However there was a mod to be
used in conjunction with an external pre-selector, noise cancellor, or even
as an antenna out for a 2nd RX.  So the second proposed solution involves
using this jack.

If you are willing to solder onto the boards, I guess you can tap in
anyplace you like.
It seems nobody is able to identify just exactly where the newer Eagle taps
into the 9 MHz line.
The schematics currently posted on the web site do not show this.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)