[TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

Carter k8vt at ameritech.net
Wed Dec 31 22:16:39 EST 2014

On 12/31/2014 7:44 PM, R. Eric Sluder via TenTec wrote:
> When I installed my current antenna I stopped by Lowes and bought a stiff spring for each end of my OCF, and one for the end of my pseudo beverage antenna.  They work well, and when they rust they will keep working for some time just like door springs will do when rusted.
I am also a big fan of springs...

I have a 130 foot window line fed dipole, one end on an evergreen tree
and the other end on a maple tree. Each end is connected to a "screen
door" spring, about 3/4 inch in diameter and a foot long. I sprayed each
spring with Rustoleum (R) paint.

I installed this antenna in 1994 (!) and it has been up ever since, with
no problems (Knock on wood). I live in southeast Michigan and we get
more than our share of snow, wind, ice storms, etc.