[TenTec] TT 422 Blowing Fuses

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 3 22:25:44 EST 2014

On 2/2/2014 5:28 PM, Robb Urie wrote:
> Then this amp is certainly not stock

I said earlier that I know nothing about this amp, but I do have
considerable experience with the Titan 425, and some with the Herc II
and Herc I.  An important thing to realize about Ten Tec in this time
frame is that their designs did evolve over time. My three Titans all
differ from each other in subtle ways as Ten Tec engineers did things to
make them more reliable.

One place I noticed differences is in the way that the two levels of HV
are used, changes to the QSK switching, around the power supply,   even
the voltage for the dial lamps (12V in one version, 28V in others.)
Perhaps a similar evolution occurred with the Centurion. There are
differences in RF deck -- how the output circuit is tuned, and how the
amp works (or does not) on the WARC bands. One of my three amps isn't
happy putting out only 200W on 30M, while the other two work 30M just fine.

73, Jim K9YC