[TenTec] In praise of older technology

Scott Shepard scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 22 14:55:27 EST 2014

I have recently acquired a 1st generation Corsair to go along with my Corsair II and other TT gear. I enjoyed rebuilding the pto and must say it is a wonderful rig. For some reason, I like it better that the Corsair II...perhaps the color etc.

Anyway, it got me to thinking how nice and quiet it was as well as how simplistic. I have since changed over my corsair II to a dds which works great but is somehow not the same feel...hard to explain. I looked for my old PTO but can't find it--I may even have gotten rid of it.

I do have an OMNI PTO but it is missing one terminal on the side of the pto...I wonder if it will work in the Corsair II...anyone ever do a switch of pto's between the omni and corsair?

Time to read the schematics I guess...

73
Scott va3ied

Sent from my iPad