[TenTec] In praise of older technology

bob barnes k0wtz at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 13:08:52 EST 2014

hi hi to that comment!!

bob k0wtz
all things are possible in Christ Jesus our savior

 Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
 To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec at contesting.com>
 Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 10:46 AM

 Some if us never left AM.

 That's why there are other rigs in my shack besides
 TenTec!!

 Best regards - Bry Carling

 > On Feb 25, 2014, at 11:04 AM, bob barnes <k0wtz at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 > well i came up in the 50s hams loved am and you had to
 be in that era to love and understand it.  then came
 collins with their first ssb rigs.  talk about
 resentment because the money boys all gathered together
 there was lots of qrming of them.  with the lack of
 hams on the bands now we could go back to am with no
 problem.

 > personaly i think ham radio has gone as far as it needs
 to go. oh there will always be a few tinkers to go into the
 digital modes but really for what reason except to prove up
 well we are different thats fine but i dont see where it can
 really apply on the ham radio bands.

 > by the way when working field day the bands can close
 down for some reason on ssb but cw will always get
 through.  that old stinkin cw!

 wrote:

 > Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
 > To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec at contesting.com>
 > Date: Monday, February 24, 2014, 7:03 PM
 >
 > I suppose it would have had to have
 > been the '30's and those were tough times.
 >
 >> On Feb 24, 2014, at 3:14 PM, Brian Carling wrote:
 >>
 >> And maybe they were too busy fighting a war to
 play