[TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with Ten Tec rigs

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Tue Feb 25 13:39:32 EST 2014

Oh, yeah!

I’ve heard those guys.

I remember one guy telling the group that his plate modulation transformer had to be lowered into the basement with a fork lift. They needed to cut a hole in the floor for the it to fit.

He sounded like WDBM.

He ran a pair of 4-1000s, modulated by a quad set of 813.

The guy was a retired radio engineer from a radio station. most of the audio stuff he got when the station he worked for retired it.

I bet when it fired it all the way up, you cold see it leave!

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.