[TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with TenTec rigs

bob barnes k0wtz at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 15:44:36 EST 2014

gary i was a kid when i first heard am.  i used to set and listen to our local cival defense checkins.  there was one guy who was a science teacher and he knew how to homebrew an amp.  remember there was no vox or push to talk in those days.  you heard net control give his call you would hear a big swich being turned on, then another and then something else and then you heard this huge signal with his call.

he would give his call and then you would hear everything else.  it was a cumbersone setup but oh that audio.  i still hear it!

bob k0wtz
all things are possible in Christ Jesus our savior