[TenTec] still praising old technology

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Feb 28 02:23:48 EST 2014

Of course it depends on who you are and where you are going, but if the
DX-pedition looks like it's going to be a big one, Elecraft will loan
equipment to the group and afterwards offer the used radios for a very
attractive price.  Generally the radios are all purchased by members of the
DX-pedition.

My company sponsors most DX-peditions with antennas and masts, but we do not
loan equipment- we are just a tiny company.  We sell the equipment up front
at a discounted price, with the size of the discount depending on who the
people are and where they are going.

After the Christmas Island Expedition, several of their members bought more
of our poles when they returned home.  That trip reminded them just how well
a piece of wire strung on a fiberglass pole can work if you do it right!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of John Farler
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 3:55 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] still praising old technology

Probably the same reason they don't send prizes or give a break for hamfest
prizes.  Has to be a big show (Dayton).  They are not a big organization -
visit for a plant tour sometime.

Most DX-Peditions receive donations from the conpeting Japanese companies,
I'd guess, so the companies can use the Dx-Peditions in their ads.  Maybe
plus the West Coast guys, but I'm not sure whether K-3's were bought or
donated to DX-Expeditions where they were used.

Also, TT tended to  make gear larger in size until the Eagle, I guess.

John, K4AVX

> I realize that compared to you guys, I'm not worthy to walk in your
shadows but I do read all the discussions with interest and learn much. I
have owned and do have TenTec products and for the most part have been
pleased. I have wondered however, why we never see any DXexpeditions using
TenTec equipment? Comments.