[TenTec] Need a 425 Titan Guru

Harry Coates WA8HC1 at charter.net
Wed Jan 1 11:11:27 EST 2014

Hello to all,
I just replaced the vacuum relay in my 425 Titan and accidently shorted the 28vdc circuit to ground.. When I turned the amp on it tested the R6 resistor/fuse on the
power supply rectifier board, and damaged several other components.. I replaced R6, diodes D1-D4,and C6.. Still no 28vdc.. Tracked that back to no 20vac from the transformer to the bridge rectifier?? OH MAN, what did I do?? Well, I found both circuit board traces from J2 pins 3 and 4 going to the bridge rectifier were open..
Fixed that and I think the transformer is OK.. Now that you have heard my story, here comes the question..

Before I put this all back together, R6 does not do the job properly.. What type of fuse could be used to replace R6?? It is a 1 ohm 1/2 watt resistor used as a “sloooow” blow fuse, and there is a space constraint on the circuit board.. About 3/4 of an inch.. Any ideas would help..

A Prosperous New Year To All..

‘73,   Harry

Harry N Coates
WA8HC1 at charter.net