[TenTec] Corsair II & Alpha

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Jan 3 10:34:43 EST 2014

I was mistaken on the A77.  It seems it is a QSK amplifier.  It has a
Kilovac HC1 vacuum amplifier, but that keys from 26vdc.    I guess it's time
to read the manual!

I thought the Corsair also had relay keying.
Must have been one of the earlier Omni's.
I remember having it in some Ten-Tec rig.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of GARY HUBER
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 3:26 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Alpha

My Corsair II manual says the EXT T/R jack is derived from a set of N.O.
contacts on the auxiliary relay. (DO NOT USE to SWITCH 120/240V line) When
operating SSB the drop out delay is switched out......

The QSK jack is is open collector switched by the transmit (T) signal. Will
sink 100 mA w/ 0.6 V drop.

There is also a QSK mod for Corsair and Corsair II at
http://tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=corsair_qsk_mod.pdf which uses
the keying loop method.  I made the modification to my near end of
production Corsair II and use it with my Titan 425. By using a set of DPDT
contacts with the common set running to my Titan 425, the NO to my OMNI-VII
and the NC to my CORSAIR-II,  I can quickly switch the radio driving the
Titan-425 while inhibiting the TX of the off-line TXCVR.

You may want to check with TT regarding QSK TX delay for the Corsair II, but
it seems to me it was 10 milliseconds.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M