[TenTec] W8KC Virtual Ten*Tec Museum

Michael OBrien k0myw at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 15 13:32:16 EST 2014

I, too, am not a lawyer, but I sort-of play one in a college classroom in the guise of a Journalist-in-Residence who teaches, among other things, a course in Media Law.

Geoff's characterization of current U.S. copyright law is essentially correct, especially the parts about the variable need or benefit of formally filing for copyright protection via the Library of Congress, and the almost automatic 75-year life of the copyright following the death of the author.

I don't particularly endorse Geoff's notion of simply duplicating the site until/unless someone representing the estate objects. Suggestions by others, especially Paul who is in contact with the family, seem the more appropriate approaches.

Whatever the method, I think preserving this site is a noble effort, and I salute and thank all those who are generously trying to make it happen. A wonderful example of true ham spirit that I'm sure would be heartily approved by W8KC.

Mike, K0MYW