[TenTec] On Switching Power Supplies

John Farler k4avx1 at windstream.net
Sun Jan 19 11:23:13 EST 2014

Really?  Super-regen receivers?  Help me out here.  I know how a
regen rx works, but I've never heard of a "super-regen" except on
Vhf ala the famous Heath Lunchboxes.  They didn't decode CW,
nor  SSB. I know very little about their theory of operation.

But Regens will decode CW, of course, but would need a stage
or stages of RF amplication (or isolation) in the front end to
keep the RX from sending out a signal that could be detected
from it's oscillating detector.

Not saying a real "super-regen" might not somehow be used, but
please fill me in...Maybe you are referring to such REGENS as
described above as "super regens?"

John, K4AVX

Message: 3