[TenTec] What's going to be next?

jack jfriend31 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 20 13:32:11 EST 2014

Cecil, BRAVO!

I agree with your notes on the next Orion or whatever it will be named. 2
knobs are a must. no scope in the radio, but a video output that would need
only an external monitor to scope the band would be wonderful. Two ham band
only superior receivers are my requirement--on the order of the new self
installed replacement for the 2nd general coverage RX in the present O's.

key down 100-200 W output 100% duty cycle.

NO RIT XIT. not needed with the two tuning knobs and multi-step option.

NO AM mode.

PSK31 mode to go with FSK.

some way to operate SO2R and digital so that the AUX I/O can function for
both without having to unplug. presently I am using the Yankee Clipper SO2R+
box but PSK31 needs that AUX I/O connection too.

NO internal keyer. CW ops have a favorite keyer and the internal keyer in
the Orions are NOT the answer. (Personally I could do without SSB also, but
I am sure that would kill sales.)

I have NO use for the SEND options. my keyers have those options built in.
more USER memories would be nice.

improved NR and NB would be great.

that is about all I wish to add now.

73 jack