[TenTec] What's going to be next?

John Henry jhenry at tentec.com
Tue Jan 21 08:34:45 EST 2014

TEN-TEC is reevaluating a lot of things right now.
Yes, there will still be future rigs, yes, we will still maintain the
software for current production and some out of production. e.g. the
565/Orion is being worked on a bit right now, the 588/OMNI-VII is being
worked on right now. Please, don't ask me to do more to them than what we
have already planned, because I will try to fit it in and it will delay
getting them out even further.
The 506/Rebel has been a huge success. What hams have done with it is
amazing. All from a <200 rig.
I don't know if I would call the OMNI-VII the current flagship or the
Eagle. Both are extremely good receivers, great transmit, etc. Both 100w
all HF+6, etc. Just depends upon what features and functionality you want.
Both are selling VERY well.
We don't forsee anything going out of production for a while with regards
to the rigs we have in production now.

Jack is in what I call "semi-retirement". Meaning, he comes in when he
wants and does what he wants. Well, he has been in almost every day since
Jan 1 and has been helping a lot in engineering. Letting Jim Wharton handle
the day to day tasks now. Happier I think.

Back to work. Lots to do, lots to plan.
I'll be in FL with Stan, and our crew will be in Dayton again.
Come by and see us, let us know what you like, don't like, whatever is your
biggest gripe, etc. It all helps to make better rigs and improvements in
existing rigs.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering