[TenTec] What's going to be next?

John Farler k4avx1 at windstream.net
Tue Jan 21 13:01:33 EST 2014

The biggest thing in design that should be easy to fix is the "Black
Box" syndrone.  I know it's
just a surface thing - not important to the operation of the radio. But
it makes a complex
transceiver look almost like a common comsumer electronic device. Might
be something
to attatch to a TV, or anything else.   Some brands seem to consider
their gear consumer
grade, since they seem to bring out a new model every two or three months.

Changing  the color back to  aluminum or some other lighter color would also
distinguish TT from all the Japanese Black Boxes, not to mention making
the markings
more visible to us older guys.  That and bringing the orange dot would
make a
distinction that we TT owners appreciate (I think).

This should not be a big change...so not much time involved.  How
important is
this to other TT owners looking for some new models??

73,
John, K4AVX