[TenTec] OT - Desk Microphone Switch Issue

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Thu Jul 3 22:24:47 EDT 2014

Hi Stuart - I appreciate your take on this.  And yet...     ;-)

A)   The Caig web site is particularly clear using such solvents on such
switches is contraindicated.  It recommends against using solvents on
switches that employ porous phenolic wafer insulators.

B)   While I appreciate the risk of filing down the metal... I am
confident my burnishing tool ...er... "barely scratched the surface." It
is not like I used coarse sand paper or a harsh metal file.   ;-)

I considered using a non-abrasive metal polish, but that would have been
awkward and would likely get the insulating wafers wet, which was a
paramount concern.

Happy days - OM.