[TenTec] TT Mega Sale

Wed Jul 9 10:19:59 EDT 2014

Heck, I just filled up my truck with gas and noticed the price on the pump
was $3.49.  I also noticed the fellow was changing the price per gallon on
the sign to $3.44 per gal, thus less than was showing on the pump.  I asked
the clerk if the price applied to my purchase and the answer was  "no, the
price goes into effect after the pump resets".  I clicked off the pump and
sure enough I watched the price shown on the pump change to $3.44, which is
less than I paid.  The next customer got the price reduction.

I speculate that after the end of July the prices will revert to the
previous values or maybe a bit less.  And per the announcement earlier and
as posted on the Tentec website, there will be other promotions taking place
in Sept.

On current pricing, I again can speculate that over the past 4 or 5 years
the R & D costs have been amortized in the products and thus the actual cost
per unit has reduced, thus the retail price can now be reduced and passed
along to the customers.   Today, basically any commodity that hits the
market is at a higher price initially and the price comes down in due time.
Example: High Definition TV's,  computers and such.  It is just the way of
doing business.

73
Bob, K4TAX