[TenTec] Urgent OMNI VII Question

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed Jul 9 14:13:42 EDT 2014

Hi Bry -- sounds like the Master Reset has resolved the problem.  Rather
than view a Master Reset as a last resort, consider it a fix of first
resort.  These computer-based rigs sometimes get wonky and a Master
Reset is and easy fix.

I have owned my Omni VII for several years and sometimes it acts odd,
and a Master Reset has always corrected the problem.  I have been
helping an Australian ham with a headset microphone issue, and he said
TenTec once told him to re-flash the firmware several times to assure a
new version has taken hold (although I cannot imagine how this would be
necessary.)   He said doing that fixed the problem.

The only down side to performing a Master Reset is you must reset your
MENU settings.  Thus, whenever the rig gets wonky, I do a Master Reset
and this clears it up.  A slight inconvenience, but the single level
MENU is easy to reset.

Happy days