[TenTec] Paragon problem

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed Jul 9 18:20:04 EDT 2014

Hi Vic -- I am far from expert on this, but I wonder if you can locate
ANOTHER protective diode in the receiver circuit.  I once killed my Omni
VII receiver by hot-switching an "active" receive only antenna - the
power connector arced to case ground of a bias-tee injector as I plugged
it in, and that fritzed the receiver.  Gary at TenTec service called me
to explain it before he fixed it, and I believe he said there were
multiple diodes to protect the rig in such cases.

So... perhaps you have more than one diode or fuse or other prophylactic
device to check?