[TenTec] Orion II Firmware Ver3.033xd

Toby Pennington w4cakk at centurylink.net
Sun Jul 13 22:11:25 EDT 2014

This version allows the S meter to always register signals even when the
RF gain is turned down. This is a feature I really liked.  One major bug
I reported to TT was that in CW mode when you are keying the rig in CW
mode, and turning the AF gain up or down,   creates loud noise bursts in
the audio.  The same is true when you are trying to adjust the sidetone
volume,  as you make the adjustment with the multi knob will create loud
noise bursts.  To put this in a simpler way,  using the AF gain while
keying in cw will produce noise bursts in your speaker.   I went to
2.044A and it worked well for me.  So, I just stayed there.  Ten Tec
could duplicate the issue,  but I was told fixing it was not a priority
at that time.

Toby K4NH