[TenTec] WRTC scores

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 14 16:09:19 EDT 2014

On 7/13/2014 5:05 PM, John Rippey wrote:
> Maybe you can tell me how in **** the winners maintained such a huge
> lead from the get-go? With everyone using the same power, antennas,
> etc., and every team being composed of top contesters, it makes it all
> the more strange.

More thoughts on this. The #1 team took and held the lead from the
opening bell, but there was NOT a huge difference between the top 5
teams, and their standings changed little over the 24 hours. The #2 and
#3 teams were particularly close, and traded the #2 spot over the course
of the contest.

I did some statistical analysis of biographical info published in the
latest issue of the National Contest Journal (NCJ). Looking at the 108
competitors on two teams, they average of their age at first license is
15 yrs old, their average age is 46, and have been licensed for an
average of 30.5 years.

N6MJ and KL9A, the apparent winning team, subject to log-checking, are
relative youngsters -- 33 and 31 respectively, and were licensed at ages
8 and 10.

73, Jim K9YC