[TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Jul 22 08:34:20 EDT 2014

Some care has to be taken when interpreting the LP-100A's power readings.

On my version it indicates Pfwd when the "F+R" mode is selected, and
Pfwd-Pref when the "Net" mode is selected. I got caught out on several
occasions assuming the "F+R" mode meant Pfwd+Pref - it doesn't!

Note also that the derivation of Pfwd and Pref from the Voltage and
Current sensors assumes a 50 Ohm Zo; I don't know any way to alter the
characteristic impedance that the LP-100A assumes, unless it's buried
deep in the menus and I haven't found it?

Steve G3TXQ