[TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Thu Jul 24 20:58:03 EDT 2014

I think it is interesting how many older rigs were used - oldies, but
goodies.  I contest and do special events with a guy who would populate
the whole contest shack with TS-850s if he could.  Seems like Rick once
said the Germany contest crowd like that model, also.

Interesting that 5 of the 6 radios used by the top three teams were
ICOMs.  Guess we cannot count them out of the game any more than any
other mfr, although I see no Flex or other brand SDRs on the list.

Also, I see a pair of Orion II in the field - used by W4UH, and AD4Z
(who owns a K3) - interesting he used an Orion II for the big event.
Makes me proud to own one.  (heavy sigh... sniff...)   ;-)

All in good fun.  All good radios.  All good operators.

I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO KNOW THE LIST OF CODE KEYS USED in the contest.  I
am sure that list is far more varied!