[TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Fri Jul 25 16:51:24 EDT 2014

On 7/25/2014 11:04 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> I'm not sure what a "serious casual relationship" is.

	That is because you misspelled it... the word
	is "causal" - as in one thing leads to another.

	This is an an important concept in litigation
	and engineering as identifying the cause of a
	problem or event is often the key to the solving
	or understanding the problem.

> I think you'll find most participants are also members of contest teams and
> they tend to run what other team members run.
> As such, this can potentially limit your selection of radios.

	I rarely like group-formed decisions.  Politics,
	government and corporations function on large group
	decisions ... and that is why I worked alone in
	business and hate politics.   I guess I am not a
	"club guy."   I don't just follow the guy in front
	of me without question or looking about.

> I use WIN-TEST because that's what my club chose.
> The Eagle won't play right with WIN-TEST so I could never take it to a team
> contesting site.

	OK -- WHY NOT JOIN ANOTHER CLUB?

> If I were still actively participating in Team Contesting, and could only
> have one radio, I would sell the Eagle and buy a K3.  The software DOES
> affect your hardware choice if you are a team player.

	OK... maybe for some, but not for me.  I guess
	I will have to join another club with you!   ;-)

	Better yet, let's start our own contest club
	and do it even better than the other guys.
	In any case, maybe we will have more fun doing
	it our way!