[TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Jul 25 18:05:05 EDT 2014

If you were in Europe, you would quickly revise your priorities.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Mike
Stricker via TenTec
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 11:12 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

By no stretch of the imagination am I a contester, let alone a serious
contester.  I dabble in all the SSB contests, however, and my experience has
been that once a radio has a minimum level of performance, ease of use winds
up being more important.  Perhaps the laboratory measurements don't really
tell the whole story:-)  The ICOMs are certainly a lot more user friendly
than the American made radios.

I would much rather use my modified IC-7200 over my Eagle under contest
conditions and would much rather use my Eagle when I work my regular
schedules.

OK, now flame me.

Mike, WA1SEO