[TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jul 26 01:09:56 EDT 2014

On 7/25/2014 7:54 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
> Keep in mind that "OmniRig" is not a piece of software that is well known on
> this side of the pond.

It is well known to those who write ham software to interface with ham
rigs, no matter where they happen to live.

Something that you fail to understand. WinTest is software for serious
contesters, it's written by Frenchmen, who have their own perspective
about what matters. The Eagle is not a radio that is favored by
contesters, so it has a low priority for them. No problem -- N1MM has at
least 80% of the NA users, is FREE, and it supports the Eagle. The
Northern CA Contest Club (NCCC) has >600 members, roughly a quarter of
which are active. I know of only one of our members who uses WinTest.
Most use N1MM or Writelog.

FWIW, I think some of you are making mountains out of mole hills
attempting to support a point of view.

73, Jim K9YC