[TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sat Jul 26 01:11:55 EDT 2014

On 7/25/2014 5:55 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> James, noise and IMD are two totally different things.
>
> The Eagle has slightly worse IMD than the TS-590 but the Eagle is not noisy.

> The TS-590 generates broadband noise across the entire HF spectrum.

  The Eagle does not.>

Geeze, when you get huffy, it makes you look worried.   ;-)

Your saying so, does not make it so. You offer nothing to substantiate
your claims, and just keep repeating yourself as if having a good
memory is all it take to make a good argument!  When challenged, you
folded our tent and packed off.

YOU MAY disagree, but I don't consider 6 second hand stories out of
maybe as many as 15,000 units sufficient to indict the whole batch.
Just let it go at that.  Just accept the fact we don't agree.

The 590 is a very popular radio, used in crowded contest, SO2R and field
day stations all over, and this is not an issue in the real world.  Rob
Sherwood categorically denied testing either rig for broad band noise.
Again, your saying so does not make it so.  The 590 scored cleaner than
most in ARRL tests.  See: http://sm5bsz.com/dynrange/dubus313.pdf.

Besides, THE CHARGE IS ONLY VALID IF IT IS UNIQUE TO THE 590.   You give
no figures for either radio.

You kept up this mantra about the 590 being noisy for so long, it
adversely affected my ownership experience, but I am sorry I listened to
you, and wish I had not sold it - just so I could say I own two of the
radios used in the WRTC !