[TenTec] (no subject)

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sat Jul 26 11:57:53 EDT 2014

On 7/26/2014 8:12 AM, Brian Carling wrote:
> John
> You guys are a class act! What other radio manufacturer ever communicates directly with a user group and finds out their needs? Bravo Ten-Tec!

AMEN!

SIDEBAR:

I read this on another reflector AND I JUST BRISTLED when I read it,
because it is JUST NOT TRUE.  Someone wrote -

     "Heck -- we can't even correspond with low level
     flunkies at the JA companies (or Ten Tec), let
     alone the guys who own the place!"

This is not true at all.

First, THERE ARE NO "low level flunkies" at TenTec.

Second, all levels of management and employee, owner and worker, are
available BY PHONE or by EMAIL -- often immediately available -- and
even the owners and CEO have replied to my inquires with meaningful,
detailed, and respectful replies.

Besides, this locution sounds elitist with obvious class bias... ;-)

I am sure the author was not thinking clearly, and did not intend to
include TT in the mix, because he was not talking about the TenTec I
know.  Maybe he was just having a 'bad hair day" or got carried away in
the heat of the moment, including TT by accident.  But I did a slow burn
when I read it.  Maybe TT won't talk to HIM, but they sure are open,
available, and accessible to ME!    ;-)