[TenTec] THANK YOU AND APOLOGY

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Jul 27 14:54:28 EDT 2014

Nice post, JB.

As Rick mentioned, I read the ANTENNA BOOK cover to cover, and I read
the ARRL Handbook on Radio Communications cover to cover, doing that
with the The ARRL Handbook a slice a day.  It is slow going.

Unfortunately, the HANDBOOKs are woefully inadequate on any of this.

Section 13.3 dashes through modulation, and only briefly mentions the
graphs we see in product reviews, without really telling me what it is
all about,  and Section 13.6  has JUST TWO PAGES regarding transmitter
testing, and says little more than a quick reference to anything beyond
IMD testing.

I wonder if the ARRL book:  Basic Radio  would be a better source?

I suspect the ARRL Book: Transceiver Performance Testing   will not
work, either, cause Rick says they don't test for what we are talking
about here.

It ain't easy for a rookie to catch up.

Happy days.