[TenTec] RADIO COMPARISONS

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 28 19:34:50 EDT 2014

If the button count is correct, then that's certainly a TS-990.
I'm not knocking it - I like lots of buttons, switches, knobs and other
controls.

However, as nice as it is that your friend with his new General-class
license can afford such a radio right out of the starting gate, it seems
to me a bit of overkill.
But, to each his own.  I'm sure that he'll grow into it and will enjoy it.

73 de Jim - AD6CW