[TenTec] Omni VI Mystery

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Wed Jul 30 15:23:14 EDT 2014

Jim's getting RF out OK - it's just on the wrong frequency!

All the symptons - including the fact that he can "artificially"
compensate using XIT - points to the BFO not being pulled to the correct
frequency by the CW Tx line. The small number of components responsible
for that BFO shift are the first place to look before searching for more
esoteric explanations.

The fact that he's getting RF out also tells us that the connector
carrying the CW Tx line to that board is good - that's what unbalances
the balanced modulator.

Steve G3TXQ