[TenTec] Orion to KPA500 Band translator Feb QST

Carl Gansen wb0cff at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 17:08:05 EDT 2014

In the February 2014 QST, Phil Salas, AD5X, had an article on pages 43 - 45
showing a band decoder for hooking an Orion to an Elecraft KPA500 amplifier.

I have laid out the band decoder using the Orion band output to BCD option
that works with the KPA500 amplifier. I used ExpressPCB.com with their
"MiniBoard Service" option. The board is
3.8" X 2.5 inches, double sided, using through hole construction.

With the MiniBoard Service, the minimal order is three boards shipped to my
door for $87.00.
I built up one board and am currently using it. I would like to recover my
cost on the other
two boards. I am offering them for $35.00 each. That will get you an
un-populated circuit board (Phil had a list of All-Electronics and Mouser
part numbers in the article) shipped to your USA location. I prefer PayPal.
There are only 2 boards available.

If you are interested, contact me at wb0cff at gmail.com.

If a list member with a web-page wishes to host the ExpressPCB file on
their web page for others
to use, I am willing to make that file available.

--
Carl R. Gansen WB0CFF
9300 W225th Street