[TenTec] Power Poles

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jun 4 15:57:22 EDT 2014

On 6/4/2014 11:19 AM, Paul Gentry wrote:
> The Powerpoles are the worst about reversing polarity unless you are very
> attentive.  They plug in either way with ease...

Not in my universe. Now, it's certainly possible to mount them
backwards, and yes, they will mate in reverse. But that's a cockpit
problem. :)

Another mistake you can make with a PowerPole pair is to plug red on the
cable to black on the radio. If the radio chassis has a connection to
DC-, you can melt a connector. Ask me how I know. :) My operating desk
is screwed to the wall, and there's a shelf about 12 inches above it, so
my visibility to the rear of a radio is almost non-existent. That's how
I made the mistake.

I really like PowerPole connectors, and use them on everything in my
home and shack that runs on DC.

73, Jim K9YC