[TenTec] OT: new SDR

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Jun 5 04:49:42 EDT 2014

Already on my list of things to see in Friedrichshafen, Barry!
It certainly looked interesting.

Unfortunately I don't have much time at the Hamfest.
We're usually so busy on our own booth that I don't even get a lunch break.
I'll try to find it on Thursday, while we are all building our booths.
There are no spectators in the way on Thursday.  ;-)

The price still has to come down for this technology, but it is beginning to
become a viable option for normal people.
Once they have that technology in a $1200 box, it will be real interesting.

Never-the-less, I am not accepting any radio until it has been thoroughly
tested by Rob.
He seems to find things that nobody else finds... or let's say that nobody
else is willing to report.
Then the final proof is to take it to Field Day with a club with 6 or 8
transmitters, and see how it behaves amongst all the others; especially when
operating two TX on the same band (CW and SSB).  That's where the Flex-5000
fell over.  Until then we all thought it was great.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)